Why You’ll Rarely Get A Day Off If You Don’t Do This ONE Thing
One of the biggest problems with online business owners is that they're doing ALL the work themselves, like the "one man band" and the person who wears all the hats...
When you think about a typical online business there's quite a lot to handle:
- Website development
- Writing and copywriting
- Traffic - SEO, PPC, social media, building links
- Customer support
- JV's and affiliates
- Webhosting and domain names
- and many more.
It would be stressing and overwhelming to handle this all on your own.
That's where systemization comes in.
Systemizing is like a process.
How is Task A done? How is Task B done? How is Task C done? There are that can be placed to achieve the tasks, and a system helps by being able to take it and replicate the result.
It's like a blueprint. It's like a manual. Step 1. Do this. Step 2. Do this. Step 3. Do that. It's a fully documented system that can be repeated over and over again.
At the end of the day, by having systems in place for every aspect of your business, you'll have a smooth running business that won't require your presence 24/7.
Okay, now that you know what systemizing is, how can it benefit you and your business?
- You can measure your progress. Sure, money coming in is one measure. But what if you could also figure out how to measure how well things are coming with that next big ad campaign, or the development on a new ancillary product that will enhance your main product? If your business is organized, it is possible to do a quick check on these and other ongoing processes any time you like and get real time data on what is going on.
- Little things get done on time. Without some basic plan for each day, the little things that keep operations going can build up and eventually create a bottleneck. For example, if the posting on the Accounts Receivable and Payable are not being done on a regular schedule, you could find yourself with a lot of work to do when it comes time to cut paychecks to employees or calculate your taxes for the current period. An organized system helps to ensure you don’t run in to situations where your back is to the wall and you have to drop other tasks in order to play catch-up.
- There is automatically time built in to work on business networking. If your business is systematic in its operations and functions, this means you can spend some time in networking activities that will help your business grow. You’ll be able to devote an afternoon to submitting online ads, sending promotional emails, or even promoting your business locally at Chamber of Commerce events. Best of all, you can spend your time on these endeavours knowing that the company is moving right along without your direct attention for a few hours.
- You can take time off. After all, wasn’t getting control of your time one of the reasons you wanted to set up an Internet business? If your business is systematically organized, you can take time off for your son’s Little League game, or your daughter’s dance recital. There is also the chance that you can even take several days off in order to take a short vacation if you like. Best of all, you can do this without getting any permission or approval from anyone
There is no great mystery to the process, so don’t be intimidated by words like “systemization”.